Improving the Digital Customer Experience with Digital Advice – How Swisscom Does It
Digital transformation remains one of the key topics in the telecom industry.
Changing customer needs, cut-throat competition in the saturated core market and new providers with disruptive business models are all adding pressure on businesses:
- Commoditization – Consumers are more proactive than ever in searching for the best offer. Coupled with the fact that canceling and switching providers is easy, operators are facing high levels of churn and lower retention rates.
- Customer Experience – Operators are looking for new ways to take advantage of digital technologies to become more competitive and set themselves apart from their competitors. Customer experience is one of the few remaining avenues to create a long term competitive advantage.
- Complex offers – Mobile tariff plans and prices often prove to be overly complex for consumers, making it difficult to select the plan that works best for them. They need extra assistance that is fast, convenient, personal, and accessible when making purchase decisions. The typical product sheets and comparison tables are not always effective to educate and convey value.
- New channels – Consumers expect to use a variety of touchpoints and want to be able to receive the same level of service at stores, over the phone, or via the website, email and social media. Telco businesses need to shift their reliance on traditional channels.
- Seamless omnichannel experiences – It is vital to rethink how innovative technologies can be used to address the “digital divide” between digital and physical experiences before, during and after a purchase. Digital technologies can provide an opportunity to simplify experiences, anticipate customer needs, add more value through personalized information and empower frontline staff by allowing them to provide better and more informed customer service.
Swisscom is Switzerland’s leading telecom provider, supplying corporate and residential mobile and fixed-line telephony, Internet, and digital TV. It is one of the largest IT service providers in Switzerland and one of Europe’s most sustainable companies.
As a poster child for consistent and successful digital business transformation efforts, the company is one of the most advanced businesses in this space. Swisscom positions itself as a trustworthy companion in the digital world for customers.
“The basis for all of this at Swisscom is our digital transformation journey, which is a combination of digital customer experience and digital operational excellence.”
John de Keijzer, Head of Enterprise Architecture and Digital Strategy at Swisscom
At Digital Advice Live! 2017, our speaker Stephanie Maeder, Experience Manager at Swisscom, will share how Swisscom launched several Digital Advice projects to improve the digital customer experience for corporate and residential customers:
- How Digital has changed the market environment
- Swisscom’s vision: The best in the networked world – everywhere and all the time.
- Giving customers back control – Digital Advice at Swisscom: B2B and B2C
- Practical insights and best practices
About the Speaker
Stephanie Maeder is Experience Manager in the Online department at Swisscom. She manages conception, implementation, and optimization of the online journeys with the goal to increase sales through online channels. This involves continuously analyzing customer behavior via A-/B-Testing, online surveys or usability tests through which she gets to know Swisscom’s customers and their needs better and is able to identify new opportunities to reach customers and business goals.